Become a Member of Slow Food
Using our taste buds as our guides, members engage in a variety of events, programs and initiatives. As a member of the Orange County convivium you can:
- Help to promote Slow Food principles;
- Participate in and support food education initiatives and social action;
- Learn where you can purchase locally grown seasonal and sustainable produce in Orange County;
- Work to support small farmers, producers, and local food artisans wherever possible;
- Identify and enjoy Slow Food restaurants, markets, and purveyors of artisan food products, like cheeses, wines and beers in Orange County, and;
- Take part in a variety of events such as: food and wine tastings, cook-offs and cooking demonstrations, farm tours, film screenings, community gardening, and much more!
We invite you to join the Slow Food movement! Slow Food OC is working hard to preserve and protect local foods and food traditions. Our convivium plans events and programs in places across Orange County—from community gardens, taste education dinners, and farm tours. Join our network and become active in planning and participating in these diverse initiatives.
Slow Food Orange County Membership Benefits
- Membership into the Orange County Convivium and invitations to local, national and international Slow Food "Member-only" events ranging from seasonal feasts to film festivals, farm tours to taste workshops.
- Discounts on all SFOC sponsored events.
- Philanthropic leadership opportunities to chair one of several committees.
- Local "Food for Thought" monthly newsletter subscription.
Other National & International Benefits:
- A one-year subscription to the Snail, which covers issues such as sustainable seafood, alternative food distribution, and protecting biodiversity. You also receive a selection of publications from Slow Food International that feature in-depth stories of the movement from around the world.
- The Food Chain, our monthly USA e-newsletter that highlights the activities of our 160 convivia, our diverse programs and the latest headlines in food sustainability.
- Discounts on merchandise including the Slow Food Guides to New York City, Chicago and San Francisco and other items in the Slow Food USA General Store. Call for member discount or order through the monthly Food Chain.
How to Become a Member?
For more information on becoming a member of Slow Food Orange County, please visit Slow Food USA.